Last Amended & Adopted July 24, 2012
As a member of the Board of Directors of South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Organizations (SCANPO), I am fully committed to its mission of “serving, supporting and strengthening nonprofit organizations for a better South Carolina” and have pledged to carry out this mission. I understand my duties and responsibilities, which include the following:
• I am fiscally responsible, along with other board members, for this organization. I will make a point to know what our budget is and take an active part in reviewing, approving and monitoring the budget.
• I know my legal responsibilities for this organization. I am responsible for knowing and overseeing the implementation of policies and programs.
• I accept SCANPO’S Bylaws and operating principles and understand that I am responsible for the health and well being of SCANPO.
• I agree to sign SCANPO’s statement regarding Conflict of Interest.
• I, or my organization, will join SCANPO as a member.
• I will give what is for me a significant personal financial donation. I may give this as a one-time donation each year, or I may pledge to give a certain amount several times during the year. (Please complete form below.)
• I will actively engage in recruiting members and fundraising for SCANPO. This may include individual solicitation, undertaking special events, writing mail appeals, etc. I am making a good faith agreement to do my best to raise support for SCANPO.
• I will attend, or be available by phone, all quarterly board meetings, including board retreats when called. If illness or other personal situation precludes meeting this goal, I will inform the chair, or president, by phone or in writing.
• I will serve on at least one committee and attend, or be available by phone for the majority of committee meetings.
• I will attend, at my expense, SCANPO’s annual conference, and other events as possible.
• I will assist staff and our regional partners in organizing and helping lead SCANPO’s regional outreach efforts.
• I will suggest to the SCANPO Governance Committee board nominees who can make significant contributions to the organization.
• If I am unable to meet my obligations as a board member, I will offer my resignation.
Board members are asked to make a personal gift commensurate with their ability. This contribution can be pledged and paid over the course of the year or paid all at once. Make your 2012-2013 Board Member Contribution online.
I pledge to give $________ to be paid in installments of $______ and completed by June 30, 2013. Please send reminders of this pledge in the month(s) of _____________
In signing this document, I understand that no quotas are being set and no rigid standards of measurement and achievement are being formed.
Payment offline by check.
Enclosed is my FY 2012 -2013 gift of $________
Please mail to:
SCANPO Office (brick & mortar location)
400 Arbor Lake Drive
Columbia, SC 29223
SCANPO Board Member
Ann Wright, SCANPO 2012-2013 Board Chair