Nonprofits, by nature, exist to serve the public good. They are obligated to display high levels of ethical behavior, accountability, transparency and compliance with the law.
- SC Nonprofit Corporation Act
- SC Secretary of State’s Office
- SC Charitable Solicitation Act
- Free Management Library – provides various resources on accountability and transparency.
- IRS – for a variety of accountability compliance, including the 990 and samples of conflict of interest.
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center – tools, books & articles focusing on how to manage nonprofit risk.
- Public Entity Risk Institute – provides guidance through relevant and high quality publications, information, training, resources
- The Nonprofit Partnership – How to write an annual report e-book.
- Creating A Code of Ethics for Your Organization – articles, books and examples of code of ethics
- Guidestar – for issues of transparency and accountability
- Nonprofitlaw.com – legal resources, sample contracts, workshops
- BoardSource – balancing mission and accountability
Resources From the National Council of Nonprofits