Nonprofits provide donors with ways to support the community, causes and organizations they value. As agents of philanthropy, nonprofits have an ethical and fiduciary obligation to handle funds appropriately, honor donors’ wishes and have sufficient funds to carry out its mission.
- Foundation Center – A source for information on private philanthropy in the United States, including instructions on funding research, help with proposal writing, tools for locating prospective funders, news and research on the field, and local libraries with the Foundation Center Collection.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy – Publication. Connecting the nonprofit world with news, jobs, and ideas.
- Giving USA - Publication with data and trends about charitable giving
- Fundraising Success – Publication. The fundraiser’s complete source for multichannel strategy and integration techniques.
- Tips for Tough Times – Tips provided by the Funders Group of Central New Mexico, 2009.
- A Consumers Guide to Low Cost Donor Management Systems - Report by Idealware and NTEN comparing low cost donor management systems.
- Are You a Fundraiser? – Short video.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- AFP Dictionary of Useful Development Terms
- The Nonprofit Times
South Carolina Resources
Federal & State Government Grants
Foundation & Corporate Grants