Nonprofits recognize that people are their most important asset. They utilize effective leadership and fair practices to attract and retain employees and volunteers.
- Society for Human Resource Management – a wealth of information and resources on human resource management
- Free Management Library – various articles with information specific to nonprofit human resource management
- National Council of Nonprofits – Hot topics in nonprofit personnel management
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center – creating an effective employee handbook
- NOLO – variety of information on the legal aspects of human resources, including employee evaluations and employee handbooks
- CompassPoint – info on how much to pay the Executive Director
- Bridgestar – Helpful information about hiring and about moving from for-profit to non-profit careers