Nonprofits engage in strategic thinking as a continuous process that drives organizational success. Board leadership thinks deliberately about its mission, values and vision, considering how to operate effectively, stay relevant and achieve sustainability.
- Board Source – information on effective strategic planning and mission statement development
- Harvard Business Review – strategy and balanced score card
- National Council of Nonprofits – listing of valuable strategic and business planning tools
- About.com – help on writing mission statements
- CompassPoint – articles and resources on strategic planning
- Foundation Center – a resource listing for succession planning.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation – major initiative on leadership development includes valuable research and resources on executive transition planning
- Free Management Library: