Nonprofits develop, implement and monitor operational plans to ensure accountability, evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Free Management Library – information on operational planning, updating a strategic plan and outcome-based evaluation
- Innonet.org – provides knowledge and expertise to help nonprofits and funders learn from their work to improve results.
- Nonprofit Expert – provides additional online resources for evaluation
- National Council of Nonprofits – listing of valuable strategic and business planning tools
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management – resources on evaluation, benchmarking and operational planning
Dashboards can be a very useful tool for managers. They can provide a quick snapshot of progress towards organizational goals:
- Nonprofit Technology Network – a range of resources on using dashboards
- Blue Avocado – useful articles on dashboards