SCANPO is the only professional organization in South Carolina that serves exclusively 501(c)(3)’s. Members gain access to a wide range of benefits including advocacy efforts, enhanced insurance and discount products, educational trainings, research reports, networking opportunities, and much more.
As a member organization, we seek your input on desired services. We are constantly evaluating current providers and researching potential services. We anticipate adding two to three additional services each year. Current full member benefits will allow you to:
Build Your Capacity
• Receive one Guiding Principles and Best Practices, third edition booklet as well as the PDF. Additional booklets cost $10 each.
• Save 30%+ using member rate for all board and staff attending SCANPO’s annual Together. For Good. Nonprofit Summit, workshops, and webinars.
• Use SCANPO’s comprehensive training calendar to find best offerings and plan staff and board development.
Join the Conversation
• Receive timely member-only emails and updates, plus SCANPO’s jobs, advocacy and sector news upon request.
• Network and promote your work using SCANPO’s online Nonprofit Member Directory and online member community.
• Have up to 20 staff or board members build profiles and access the member-only website.
Amplify Your Voice
• Stay on top of SC and Federal legislative action through public policy updates and legislative alerts.
• Improve your organization’s own advocacy efforts by participating on SCANPO’S Advocacy Network and Committee.
• Have data to convey the sector’s impact through SC Nonprofit Sector Impact Report (2009 available. 2013 next edition)
• Join your nonprofit peers in educating elected officials and advancing critical policy issues affecting the nonprofit sector in your community, South Carolina and the country.
Grow! Learn Leadership Skills
• Attend the bi-annual Executive Roundtable with SC’s senior nonprofit and foundation leaders to hone your leadership skills and build the sector in SC.
• Serve on a SCANPO committee to build statewide knowledge and exposure.
• Grow by sharing – participate in peer-led sessions at the Summit
• Reduce overhead cost and save time by using SCANPO’s vetted Purchasing Power Vendors, services include:
◦ Directors & Officers Insurance and other insurance products
◦ Unemployment Insurance alternative
◦ Retirement plans
◦ Employment related services, payroll Part and provision of benefits
◦ Teleconferencing service
Save Time. Work Smart.
• Find quality staff with free postings on SCANPO’s Job Center – leading site for finding nonprofit jobs in SC (save $125 per posting).
• Stay on top of compensation trends with SCANPO’s 2012 SC and National Nonprofit Compensation Reports
• Research and connect with nonprofit consultants and businesses through SCANPO’s Business Partner Directory.
• Get information and answers quickly via online member resources, staff support and research of critical issues.
• Attend Association For Fundraising Professionals (AFP) local SC Chapters’ trainings at the member rate.
• Connect with local funders through SCANPO’s regional gatherings and annual Summit.
• Get funding alerts through SCANPO’s e-news.
Share Your Impact
• Through SCANPO’s partnerships with Idealware and NTEN, learn about innovative, new technology, social media and software for measuring and communicating impact.
• Build necessary relationship with other local nonprofit leaders by participating in local gatherings hosted by SCANPO and its partners.
Strive for Excellence
• Seek recognition for your accomplishments through SCANPO’s Hardwick Award for Nonprofit Governance and Management Excellence, open to members only.
Want to know the rates? Click Nonprofit Member Rates
Ready to join? Click JOIN NOW