Nonprofit Membership Qualifications – from the SCANPO By-laws:
“A Regular Member shall be limited to nonprofit organizations incorporated under the laws of the State of South Carolina and which are recognized as federally tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or have application pending for such recognition, subject to any additional eligibility criteria as may be approved from time to time by the Board of Directors.”
SCANPO is the only professional organization in South Carolina that serves exclusively 501(c)(3)’s. Members gain access to a wide range of benefits including advocacy efforts, enhanced insurance and discount products, educational trainings, research reports, networking opportunities, and much more.
As a member organization, we seek your input on desired services. We are constantly evaluating current providers and researching potential services. We anticipate adding two to three additional services each year. Current full member benefits will allow you to:
Build Your Capacity
• Receive one Guiding Principles and Best Practices, third edition PDF.
• Listen to free webinars every Wednesday, every week.
Save 30% or more using the member rate for all board and staff attending SCANPO’s annual Nonprofit Summit, workshops, and webinars.
• Use SCANPO’s comprehensive training calendar to find best offerings and plan staff and board development
• Access SCANPO staff to answer your questions regarding board development and governance issues. Our new Board Engagement Services provide up to one hour of free professional consultation by phone or at a board meeting to answer your questions and facilitate a discussion about your unique organizational opportunities and challenges. Additional fee-based board engagement services are also available.
Join the Conversation
• Receive SCANPO’s weekly Nonprofit News via email.
Amplify Your Voice
• Stay on top of SC and Federal legislative action through public policy updates and legislative alerts. Join your nonprofit peers in educating elected officials and advancing critical policy issues affecting the nonprofit sector in your community, South Carolina and the country.
• Improve your organization’s own advocacy efforts.
• Use data to convey the sector’s impact – SC Nonprofit Sector Impact.
Grow! Learn Leadership Skills
• Serve on a SCANPO committee to build statewide knowledge and exposure.
• Grow by sharing – participate in peer-led sessions at the Summit
• Discounts on services from BoardSource, Constant Contact, Idealware, ReadyTalk, First Nonprofit Unemployment Insurance, and others!
Save Time. Work Smart.
• Get information and answers quickly via online member resources, staff support and research of critical issues.
• Find quality staff with free postings on SCANPO’s Job Center – leading site for finding nonprofit jobs in SC (save $150 per posting).
• Stay on top of compensation trends with SCANPO’s 2012 SC and National Nonprofit Compensation Reports
• Research and connect with nonprofit consultants and businesses the Business Partner Directory.
• Attend Association For Fundraising Professionals (AFP) local SC Chapters’ trainings at the member rate.
• Connect with local funders through SCANPO’s regional gatherings and annual Summit.
• Get funding alerts through SCANPO’s e-news.
• Build relationships with other local nonprofit leaders by participating in local gatherings hosted by SCANPO and its partners.
Strive for Excellence
• Seek recognition for your accomplishments through the Award for Nonprofit Excellence, open to members only.
Need to determine your membership level? Click Nonprofit Member Rates
Ready to join? Click JOIN NOW