In 2017, the Award for Nonprofit Leadership was named in the memory of Fred Sheheen, founder of the Non-Profit Leadership Institute at Francis Marin University.
The purpose of the leadership award is to recognize a graduate of Fred R. Sheheen Non-Profit Leadership Institute at Francis Marion University or a SCANPO member who has excelled in the management of their organization through organizational and resource development. This award is sponsored by the Fred R. Sheheen Non-Profit Leadership Institute at Francis Marion University.
- $500 cash award given by Francis Marion University.
- A distinguished award to proudly display in their office
- Registration for the award recipient at SCANPO’s SC Nonprofit Summit
- Recognition through NPLI website and newsletter(s)
- Statewide recognition through SCANPO communications with nonprofit, business, and foundation sectors
- Local recognition through the organization’s newspaper media outlets
The 2017 Fred R. Sheheen Award for Excellence in Non-Profit Leadership will be presented in Columbia at the 2017 SC Nonprofit Summit.
For questions about nominations, please contact Cheri Richardson with the Francis Marion University Education Foundation office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 843-661-1199.
PREVIOUS NONPROFIT LEADERSHIP RECIPIENTS:
Tricia Richardson(pictured above)
Sharon Clemmons Thomas
Helping Hands of Georgetown
Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands
Harvest Hope Food Bank
Kristi King Brock
Anderson Interfaith Ministries
Jennie W. Peze
Pee Dee Land Trust
Lexington-Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council