Since 2003, SCANPO has recognized member organizations for their exemplary governance and management and excellence in implementing SCANPO’s Guiding Principles & Best Practices.
Each year two organizations, one with an annual budget under $750,000, and one with an annual budget at $750,000 or greater, are selected through a competitive selection process.
The award honors SCANPO’s founding director, Erin Hardwick, and recipients are considered to be among the best-run nonprofits in the state.
The thorough application process provides an opportunity for organizational self-assessment that many recipients have said was worth more than the recognition.
Our competitive selection process means that winners are truly distinguished organizations and receive much-deserved public recognition. Additionally, they serve as standard-bearers, inspiring other SCANPO member nonprofits to strive to emulate their demonstrated excellence.
SCANPO encourages nonprofits to talk with SCANPO staff to determine if ready to submit.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a draft of their final applications to SCANPO as soon as possible before December 6, 2013 if they wish to have it reviewed by a committee member for feedback before final submission. Final applications must be submitted as a single PDF document via email to Ben Bullock at Benjamin@scanpo.org by December 13, 2013.
The 2014 recipient will be invited to attend SCANPO’s Annual Nonprofit Summit in Charleston where they will be recognized at the Annual Membership Meeting on Wednesday, February 12, 2014.
- A $500 credit to use for any of the following SCANPO services: registrations for SCANPO’s Nonprofit Summits in 2014 or 2015, other SCANPO trainings or SCANPO publications.
- Recognition at the 2014 Nonprofit Summit and presentation of a distinguished plaque to display in the organization’s office
- Participation in Guiding Principles Peer Learning presentations at the 2014 Summit and at regional gatherings.
- Recognition through SCANPO communications and local media
- Recognition with all Erin Hardwick Award for Nonprofit Excellence winners on SCANPO’s website, and in the Summit program.
Award for Nonprofit Excellence Winners
Greenville County First Steps, Greenville
Glenn Springs Academy, Pauline
Wings for Kids, North Charleston
Lexington Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council (LRADAC), Columbia
For more details about the award and the 2014 application process, please contact Ben Bullock, SCANPO Administration & Member Services Coordinator, or call 803-929-0399