Since 2003, SCANPO has recognized member organizations for their exemplary governance and management and excellence in implementing SCANPO’s Guiding Principles & Best Practices.
Each year two organizations, one with an annual budget under $750,000, and one with an annual budget at $750,000 or greater, are selected through a competitive selection process.
The award honors SCANPO’s founding director, Erin Hardwick, and recipients are considered to be among the best-run nonprofits in the state.
The thorough application process provides an opportunity for organizational self-assessment that many recipients have said was worth more than the recognition.
Our competitive selection process means that winners are truly distinguished organizations and receive much-deserved public recognition. Additionally, they serve as standard-bearers, inspiring other SCANPO member nonprofits to strive to emulate their demonstrated excellence.
The 2014 recipient will be invited to attend SCANPO’s Annual Nonprofit Summit in Charleston where they will be recognized at the Annual Membership Meeting on Wednesday, February 12, 2014.
- A $500 credit to use for any of the following SCANPO services: registrations for SCANPO’s Nonprofit Summits in 2013 or 2014, other SCANPO trainings or SCANPO publications. SCANPO membership is not typically included.
- Recognition at the 2014 Nonprofit Summit and presentation of a distinguished plaque to display in the organization’s office
- Participation in Guiding Principles presentations at the Summit and at regional gatherings.
- Recognition through SCANPO communications and local media
- Recognition with all Erin Hardwick Award for Nonprofit Excellence winners on SCANPO’s website, in the Summit program and on the plaque.
Award for Nonprofit Excellence Winners
Greenville County First Steps, Greenville
Glenn Springs Academy, Pauline
Wings for Kids, North Charleston
Lexington Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council (LRADAC), Columbia
For more details about the award and the 2014 application process, please contact Ben Bullock, SCANPO Administration & Member Services Coordinator, or call 803-929-0399