Since 2003, SCANPO has recognized member organizations for their exemplary governance and management and excellence in implementing SCANPO’s Guiding Principles & Best Practices.
Each year two organizations, one with an annual budget under $750,000, and one with an annual budget at $750,000 or greater, are selected through a competitive selection process.
The award honors SCANPO’s founding director, Erin Hardwick Pate, and recipients are considered to be among the best-run nonprofits in the state.
The thorough application process provides an opportunity for organizational self-assessment that many recipients have said was worth more than the recognition.
Our competitive selection process means that winners are truly distinguished organizations and receive much-deserved public recognition. Additionally, they serve as standard-bearers, inspiring other SCANPO member nonprofits to strive to emulate their demonstrated excellence.
SCANPO encourages nonprofits to talk with SCANPO staff to determine if ready to submit.
The 2016 recipient will be invited to attend SCANPO’s Annual Nonprofit Summit at the Spartanburg Marriott where they will be recognized at the Summit.
- A $500 credit to use for any of the following SCANPO services: registrations for SCANPO’s Nonprofit Summits in 2015 or 2016, other SCANPO trainings or SCANPO publications.
- Recognition at the 2015 Nonprofit Summit and presentation of a distinguished plaque to display in the organization’s office
- Participation in Guiding Principles Peer Learning presentations at the 2015 Summit and at regional gatherings.
- Recognition through SCANPO communications and local media
- Recognition with all Award for Nonprofit Excellence winners on SCANPO’s website and in the Summit communications.
Award for Nonprofit Excellence Recipients
Habitat for Humanity of Greenville, Greenville
The ETV Endowment of South Carolina, Spartanburg
Greenville County First Steps, Greenville
Glenn Springs Academy, Pauline
Wings for Kids, North Charleston
Service Over Self, Georgetown
Miracle Hill Ministries of Greenville
Lexington Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council (LRADAC), Columbia